Featured Post

Introduction

Hiya, my name's Aaron Yee from Malaysia. I am right now a repeat student from IMU, right now in my final year. Well, part two of final y...

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Investing at a young age.

Invest while you're young!

That's what I always say, well, I tried to but I've always used up all my money by the end of the month. Well, I try not to  but gosh, a good night out seems to overrule my better judgement...

Well no more. As I've grown older, I've begun to see the value of money and if I could help the younger generation I would. And so I should!

This goes to all the secondary and college student out there. How to save your money!

Why is it Easier to Save When You're Younger? 

For all the kids that wanna be rich in the future, please listen...(especially you Ean.) you can save your money easier than an adult can. Sure an adult probably has a job, and a steady flow of income but you have one too!

It's called Mummy-Daddy money. What is that actually?

Well, kids are often given these miraculous things called "Allowances," and frankly speaking I don't know what for?

Are they to feed you? If you're living at home, you're probably eating home cooked food anyway.

Are they for rent? No, you've got a roof over your head.

Are they for saving? Heck yeah! Save it!

Don't be fooled into thinking your allowance should go into "fancy food," or "social activities".

Use that money for something else.

How Should Kids Invest Their Money?

For obvious reasons, kids won't know how to invest, Unless parents set some time apart to teach them (such as the birds and the bees) how the system works, kids aren't gonna start trading at a young age. You probably wouldn't want them to.

Trading is not as easy as you think it is. You can probably be a weekend trader, but you have to do your research. That is something your dumb kid isn't gonna be doing anyway.

So, to the kids, i tell you,  put your money in a fixed deposit. Not only are you getting compound interest as the years go by you're still not touching thousands of Ringgit. Which after maturing (the money and you), you can go into trading.

In summary, you're not gonna be friends with your secondary school mates, so why waste money on them?

STOP:

- eating out
- going to cafes to study (for fuck's sake, coffee's coffee. Don't think coffee is worth the 100% price hike in cafes)
- socializing (go play basketball or something. Something free)

START:
- a fixed deposit

Remember, the reward is in the destination, not the journey.
Money is the true source of happiness.

No comments :

Post a Comment